||The Hand Hotel Bed and Breakfast offers genuine western hospitality, high in the heart of the Colorado mountains. Located in Fairplay, Colorado, the Hand Hotel is surrounded by the quiet beauty of the Rocky Mountains and overlooks the Middle Fork of the South Platte River. Each of our eleven rooms carries a distinct personality, reminiscent of the people who settled in South Park and the Fairplay area. You may choose from any of the available rooms during your stay, each having its own private bath. Click on the room name to see a photo of the room.
- Miner -- Tools of the miner's trade appoint a room providing a degree of comfort the hard rock miners could only dream of. Full-size bed, shower.
- Trapper -- Experience the rugged motif of the mountain men who first braved the unknown dangers of the Rocky mountains. Queen-size bed, shower.
- Outlaw -- A reflection of the rough and tumble life of Colorado's gunslingers on the run. One full size bed and a bunk bed (two twins), shower.
- Silverheels -- Recalling the memory of dance hall girl turned "ministering angel" to miners. Queen-size bed, shower.
Silk -- Decadent and richly decorated,
a portrait of Fairplay's dance hall legend. Queen-size bed, shower.
- School Marm -- A room reminiscent of our pioneer teachers. Queen-size bed, shower.
- Nature -- Fresh and crisp, a reflection of Colorado's abundant aspen, sparkling rivers, and clear mountain air. Two full-size beds, shower.
- China Mary -- Richly adorned with oriental furnishings as a tribute to the Chinese citizens of Fairplay, who provided labor on the mining regions and to China Mary who operated the laundry in town. Two full-size beds, shower.
- Rancher -- A true western atmosphere, depicting the cowboy's life on the range. Two full-size beds, tub/shower.
- Indian -- The first inhabitants of South Park were the Ute Indians, who recognized and revered the natural riches of this mountain region. Two full-size beds, tub/shower.
- Grandma Hand -- Just as you remember grandma's bedroom. Cuddle up under the quilt-covered beds in this cozy room. Two full-size beds, tub/shower.
the morning, help yourself to our deluxe continental
breakfast consisting of fresh bakery items, hot and cold cereal, fresh
fruit, and juice. As you begin your day over a hot cup of coffee in
our sun room, take in the incredible views of the 14,000 ft. peaks
as the morning sun rises.
The views are spectacular from our upstairs open
deck or the downstairs glassed in sun room. In the evenings, cozy up
to a warm and inviting fire in our front lobby fireplace.
MAP TO THE HAND HOTEL AREA WEATHER
YOUR NAME TO OUR MAILING LIST GUESTBOOK
Innkeepers: Dale and Kathy
Mailing Address: 531 Front Street, PO Box 1059, Fairplay, CO
Reservations: (719) 836-3595; FAX (719) 836-1799
Price range: $64 to $99
Payment: Travelers checks,
VISA, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
Check-in: 3 pm
Check-out: 10 am
here to send us email.